History of the Lions
The International Association of Lions Clubs was organized in 1917 with 22 clubs in nine states and has grown to 45,923 clubs with 1.4 million members in 193 countries. The International Association of Lions Clubs, through its fundraiser called "Campaign SightFirst," is trying to prevent or even cure 40 million cases of blindness worldwide. Lions from all around the world have raised over $148,600,00 for this program.
You Can Help!
We are looking for community minded persons to help us help our local Orrville, Dalton community. Our Lions Club is open to men and women who have a desire to make a difference and to help those less fortunate.
For more information on joining, please contact Membership Chair Melissa Siburt at 330-765-0603.
(NEW) Meetings: Every 2nd and 4th Monday at 6:00pm at Aultman Orrville Hospital's Community Room
- Jan 10 - Keith Waggoner/Tamara Gabalski-FIAT Youth Program/ANAZAO
- Jan 24 - Mayor Dave Handwerk-State of the City
- Feb 7 - Schmid Hall, Flight 93 Speaker *
- Feb 13 - Kristin Lorson-Freelance artist, Instructor
- Feb 27 - Dan Franks-Community Development Manager/ CC Home
- Mar 13 - New member induction
- Mar 27 - Ann Obrecht-Wayne County Commissioner
- Apr 4 - Pizza Party @ Christians Children's Home *
- Apr 10 - Dan Lutz -Wayne County Prosecutor
- Apr 24 - Dawn Cazzolli-Wayne Children's Advocacy Ctr
- May 8 - Phyllis Kornhaus-Orrville-Aultman Hospital Aux.
- May 8 - Eddie Eyeglass Program
- May 22 - Tim VanSickle-Judge /Wayne Co Municipal Ct
- June 12 - Anne Weiser-Orrville Pet & Spa
- June 26 - Officer installation & member induction
* Special Event
Eyeglass and hearing aid donation boxes are located at the following establishments:
- Orrville YMCA
- University of Akron Wayne College
- Trinity United Methodist Church
- Shisler's Cheese House
- Orrville Public Library
- Auble Funeral Home
- Dr. Bennett's office
- Dr. Guster's office
- Dalton Library
- Gresser Funeral Home
- Raber Eye Care